Thursday, November 14, 2013

Movies

We discussed that the main reasons people still visit movie theaters is: the immersive experience, the need to be first (cultural experience) and the social experience. But I have a theory that if people stopped having the need to be first, movies wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are now. I honestly have no interest in seeing a movie first, I can wait until it comes to Redbox and save my money but the rest of society doesn't feel this way. The social experience I don't feel is as important because you can just go to someone's house and watch movies and the immersive experience is nice but $9.75 nice? I think not. If people stopped caring about being first and wanting to be in the loop I don't think an immersive experience or the social experience would be enough drive for people to pay ten dollars for a ticket.

(comment on something we discussed in class)

No comments:

Post a Comment