I read my fellow group mate's post on their opinion on WDRB and I can second almost everything she said. WDRB does make their broadcast very diverse by having many stories and you can get to hear about a lot of things going on, BUT like Camille said, the stories aren't very in-depth. There were many times were I have watched a story on WDRB and by the end of the story I still didn't know what the story was about. Also like Camille said the stories tend to be more like headlines with just a two sentences description. Of course I would prefer a newspaper to television news, but comparing apples to apples, I'm not sure if I would prefer another station. As much as I would like to have more in depth stories, I do like being able to get a lot more stories. So then if I do hear a quick story that catches my interest I can look up the story and get more information. If the broadcast was setup that it was less stories more information, I would barely get to hear of all the news going on and if it were just a long broadcast of nothing I really cared about I would be wasting my time.
http://snazzysnazzgs.blogspot.com/2013/10/wdrb-local-news-j1-2.html
No comments:
Post a Comment