Class Response Numero Tres
Newspapers, magazines, television, and radio all have one thing in common; they've been personally victimized by the Internet. When it comes to the demassification of these previous medias, they have all been brought down by the Internet, but hey what can you say... the Internet is pretty good. I think the one thing that kills these previous medias is that if you have the internet, you have all of them at once. Instead of buying the newspaper, a magazine, a television and a radio, you can buy one computer/smart phone/ tablet and you have it all in one hand. I personally believe none of these medias will ever become completely extinct because of their tradition in American society but I wouldn't be surprised if they were used less and less as time went on. Now with smartphones you can have all 4 in your pocket and I get why that would be hard to compete with.
Truthfully though I see benefit--for the audience-- when medias get demassified. When something gets demassified I feel like it has to chose a specialty. It can't just try to please any and everybody, it has to get a niche audience. I would much rather read a magazine or watch a television show or listen to a radio station that's targeted towards my liking. I honestly don't feel like having just a general media besides newspapers is necessary. I think the only mass communication that should be targeted for everyone is newspapers because the purpose of those is to inform everyone not to entertain you. But on the other hand magazines, t.v. shows and radios are now known more for entertainment and if everything was just a broad variety of everything I wouldn't want to keep listening or buying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment